Pro Lab Inc.
 The #1 Selling Brand of Home Safety Kits


Lab # 163230




Carbon Monoxide Test Kit



What is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon Monoxide is a colorless, lethal gas produced in normal amounts whenever you use an appliance which that a combustible fuel such as gas, oil, kerosene, charcoal and wood. When proper ventilation of appliances becomes blocked, carbon monoxide concentrations build up inside your home and become deadly.

Because carbon monoxide is invisible, tasteless and odorless, its victims may never know there is something wrong until it’s too late. It often takes the lives of whole families. Children, the elderly and pets are the first to be affected. Over 2,500 people in the United States will die each year of carbon monoxide poisoning and over 10,000 will be hospitalized. Victims who lose consciousness might be left with permanent brain damage, mental and speech disorders, vision and hearing impairments, seizures, coma or death.

Why Should I Worry?

Carbon Monoxide quickly replaces vital oxygen in the blood which results in suffocation from the inside out. It could take as little as 3 minutes, depending on the level of concentration. Since you cannot see, hear, taste or smell carbon monoxide, the only way to protect your family is to recognize the symptoms and install a carbon monoxide detector.

Symptoms to watch for:
  • headaches, drowsiness, dizzineess an confusion
  • nausea, vomiting and rapid heartbeat
  • unconsciousness, coma and death
  • everyone in the house is feeling ill at the same time

Common Causes of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
  • Malfunctioning or improperly vented heaters and furnaces
  • Blocked passageways in chimneys and flues
  • Paint removers which contain methylene chloride and which the body absorbs and converts to carbon monoxide

The Meaning of CO Concentrations
  • 9 ppm: Maximum allowable concentration for short term exposure.
  • 35 ppm: Maximum allowable concentrations for continuous exposure in any 8-hour period.
  • 400 ppm: Frontal or slight headaches within 1-2 hours becoming life threatening after 3 hours.
  • 800 ppm: Dizziness, nausea and convulsions within 45 minutes. Unconsciousness within 2 hours. Death within 2-3 hours.
  • 1600 ppm: Headache, dizziness and nausea within 20 minutes. Death within 1 hour.
  • 3200 ppm: Headache, dizziness and nausea in 5-10 minutes. Death within 30 minutes.
  • 6400 ppm: Headache, dizziness and nausea 1-2 minutes. Death within 10-15 minutes.
  • 12800 ppm: Death within 1-3 minutes.

 

How fast does the sensor work?

Concentration Reaction Time
600 ppm (.060%) 1-2 minutes
400 ppm (.040%) 2-4 minutes
200 ppm (.020%) 4-15 minutes
100 ppm (.010%) 15-30 minutes
50 ppm (.005%) 30-45 minutes


Order a test kit today and breathe easier knowing that you are safe!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE TEST KIT INSTRUCTIONS


Retail Outlets


PRO-LABŪ Test Kits are available to the general public at over 40,000 leading home centers, hardware stores, pharmacy chains, supermarkets, and a wide category of specialty outlets.

Stores include The Home Depot, Lowe's, Menards, Ace Hardware, True Value, Do It Best, Fred Meyer, Aubuchon Hardware, Big Lots, Farm King, and Meijer's.

If you cannot find PRO-LABŪ products in any of the stores above, please call (954) 384-4446 to purchase or order online.

All Products Are Available at:


Pro Lab Inc.

OR
Buy Now



All analyses are performed by PRO-LAB® or by PRO-LAB® recognized licensed, certified or accredited laboratories.

PRO-LABŪ, Inc. (USA) © 2016 | 1675 N. Commerce Pkwy. Weston, FL 33326 | Tel: (954) 384-4446 | All rights reserved.