PROFESSIONAL CARBON MONOXIDE TEST KIT
1. When ready to use, remove the tan sensor button from the foil package and snap it firmly into the hole on the front of
the plastic badge.
2. Write the date you started testing on the lower right hand corner of the front of the plastic badge.
3. Peel the protective coating off of the adhesive on the back of the plastic badge and mount to any hard, flat surface in
area of concern.
If carbon monoxide is present, the sensor button will turn grey to black within fifteen (15) minutes. The sensor button will
return to its original color and be ready for reuse when exposed to fresh air (unless the sensor has been overexposed). Even
a slight darkening of the sensor button indicates a dangerous amount of carbon monoxide.
Note: Replace sensor button every three (3) months.
WHAT IS CARBON MONOXIDE?
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless, and colorless gas which is caused by incomplete combustion of gasoline,
kerosene, natural gas, butane, propane, fuel oil, wood, coal or any other type of fuel. Carbon monoxide gas can be emitted
by fire places, gas heaters, gas stoves, gas or oil furnaces, wood coal or gas dryers, and/or gas barbeques. It is estimated th at
carbon monoxide causes as many as 1000 deaths per year in the United States.
RECOMMENDED TESTING AREAS
Homes, kitchens, furnace areas, garages, cars, RVs, campers, boats, airplanes, wood stoves, fireplaces, space heaters, and wate r heaters.
|HOW FAST DOES THE SENSOR WORK?
|Concentration Reaction Time
|600 ppm (.060%)
|400 ppm (.040%)
|200 ppm (.020%)
|100 ppm (.010%)
|50 ppm (.010%)
Note: Reaction time is slightly faster when damp, and slightly slower when dry.
CAUTION: The sensor button will be damaged by halogens, ammoniac and
nitrous gases. Keep away from cleaners, solvents, and other contaminents.
Harsh direct sunlight will bleach out sensor button and shorten useful life.
The shelf life of an unopened sensor is three (3) years.
Do you have Black Mold? PRO-LAB catalog includes Test Kits for Mold, Radon Gas, Water Quality, Asbestos, Lead, Carbon Monoxide, and Bacteria.